Royal Collection Trust: The Royal Collection website
Established in 1987, the Royal Collection Trust is a department of the Royal Household. It is responsible for the care of the Royal Collection, and manages the public opening of the official residences of Her Majesty The Queen and the official London residence of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.Visit the Royal Collection website
We were contracted to build a new Drupal website to fulfill a variety of functionality for the Royal Collection.
This required a content management system to allow content authors and site administrators to manage a whole host of content over a large site map.
A key consideration was to ensure the site had a clear and usable navigation to help visitors discover a wealth of information with ease.
A variety of page templates were created so that content administrators could make decisions about the look and feel of their content and how it was presented, whilst ensuring consistency of style and branding throughout the site.
Some of the solutions Real Life Digital provided:
- A fully content-managed website, updated by a range of content administrators
- Integration with a large library of existing assets such as images
- A discovery section that showcases tens-of-thousands of articles in the collection
- A variety of visually-engaging, content-rich landing pages
- Features such as search, email signup, fully content-managed exhibition and what's on sections and visitor information pages
The site launched in March 2012 and has been engaging and delighting those curious to find out more about the Royal Collection ever since.Visit the Royal Collection website